Photobucket

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mummy's Day!


Mummy's Day, ha ha. Get it?

*groan*
Bad, I know. But let's be honest. You don't come here for my humor. Thank goodness. There are plenty of other super terrific blogs for that.

Collectibles, that's why you're here. And have I said thanks lately for stopping by? No?!
Well, thanks friends for stopping by! We have new friends from Kuwait, Portugal, Colombia, Puerto Rico, Viet Nam, New Zealand, Greece, India, Italy, Argentina, Ecuador, Ireland, Philippines, Poland, South Africa, Croatia, Sweden, Finland, Singapore, and the Netherlands.

Hey, It's Mother Day. I can be proud of my baby.

Oh yeah, I'm kind of fond of those 2 kidlets I birthed some years ago. :) I really appreciated my breakfast in bed today.

So, looking around to find a Haunted Mansion collectible with the mummy on it was a little difficult. Although in all honesty, I didn't really spend a great deal of time looking. Outside of comic books and pins, I couldn't find anything. So if you collectors out there know of something I've missed, please let me know.

I'm not a huge fan of pins. Pin collectors, don't hate me! Think of me as one less competitor! :) But Sam and I did pick this set up when it hit the clearance bin on Disneyshopping.com. I do like it because of the display quality and the nifty storage inside the house. I can keep other collectibles inside this one and I do. And that's good. Because we are running out of room.



Hmmm, pins are compact, easy to store, don't weigh a ton. Maybe collecting pins isn't such a bad idea after all....

3 comments:

ste3ve said...

Nooooo, Carrie! Put the pins on the ground and step away! That leads to the Dark Side!

Unknown said...

The only pins I own are DVC related and the cool HM opening pins from WDW that my friend Ray picked up for me.

Kevin Kidney said...

Hey, How cool to stumble onto this! Jody Daily and I designed this pin set - including the lenticular portrait and the Mansion display box, too. I remember he and I drew all the stylized characters one Sunday afternoon while doodling at Beantown Coffee House in Sierra Madre. We were wracking our brains on the characters we loved that seldom got much attention on merchandise. Jody drew the Mummy and I kept all our original sketches, which I will post on my blog sometime. I was dismayed when the pins ended up on clearance. They weren't advertised very well and, of course, Disneyland chose not to offer them in the Park. I'm always surprised when things we did years ago re-emerge as new discoveries! Very cool!! Thanks!